Robinson Public Library District
Board of Trustees
February 25, 2017
- Vice President Debbie Scott called the meeting of the Robinson Public Library District’s Board of Trustees to order at 8:07 a.m. on Saturday, February 25, 2017, in the Carnegie Room of the Robinson Public Library.
Members Present: Allen Summers, Debbie Scott, Elmer Hale, Michael Garrard, and Wendy Kastner
Members Absent: Debbie Walls and Rhonda Moade
Staff Present: Breyanna Weaver and Jerry Barker
- Minutes of the January 21, 2017 Meeting: The January 21, 2017 meeting minutes stand approved as read.
- Public Comments: There was no public in attendance.
1. Check Register: After review, a motion was made by Allen Summers and seconded by Michael Garrard, “that the January 2017 check registers be approved.” The motion carried.
2. Aged Payables: The Board reviewed the January 2017 aged payables report.
3. Income & Budget Statement: After Board review, the January 2017 financials are filed for audit.
4. Investments and Reserves: The Board reviewed the District’s January 2017 investments, rates, reserves, interest income and check register details.
5. Six Month’s Statement of Receipts and Expenditures: The Board reviewed the Six Month’s Statement of Receipts and Expenditures July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Wendy Kastner made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that the Six Month Statement of Receipts and Expenditures July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 is approved.” The motion passed.
6. IMRF 2016 Employer Retirement Reserve Statement: The Board reviewed the IMRF 2016 Employer Retirement Reserve Statement.
- President’s Report:
1. Old Business:
a. Other Old Business
2. New Business:
a. Building and Grounds
1. Flat Rock Building
a. Approval of Quote for remediation – After the Board reviewed the quote from ServPro and discussed possible alternatives, Michael Garrard made a motion and Wendy Kastner seconded, “that the Servpro Quote of $9,689.36 is approved.” The motion carried.
b. Audit Engagement Letter – The Board reviewed the Audit Engagement letter. After brief discussion, Allen Summers made a motion and Wendy Kastner seconded, “that Kemper CPA quote of $7,375 for 2017, $7,575 for 2018 and $7,800 for 2019 is approved.” The motion passed.
c. Staff Wages – After the Board reviewed details concerning the Assistant Director’s wage and a suggested solution, Wendy Kastner made a motion and Allen Summers seconded, “that Michelle Blair receives the $60 per week or $120 per pay period raise.” The motion carried.
d. Computer Equipment –
1. Lazerware Quote – The Board was informed of the Lazerware quote of $2,654 for Robinson Library and $2,375 for Susie Wesley replacing the old Shawnee Library System equipment. After explanation of equipment details, Elmer Hale made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that the dual Lazerware quote Robinson $2,654 and Flat Rock $2,375 are approved.” The motion carried.
3. Other New Business
- Director’s Report:
· Donna Bowman resigned her position effective 1/31/17. Debbie Crocker was able to take the hours.
· Hutsonville had an issue with their furnace not working. Mr. Kraemer got it taken care of quickly.
· We are moving forward with plans for the new circulation desk.
· Oblong had trouble with their Wi-Fi not working properly, but it was a larger problem with many libraries experiencing issues and it has now been resolved.
· We had to have the drum replaced on the copier at the front desk. All of our copies were coming out really light.
· The arm of the front electronic door fell apart, freezing the door use. A repairman was
able to come the next day and replace some missing screws enabling full use of the doors.
March 18 Endowment and Board Meetings
April 9-15 National Library Week
April 15 RPLD Board Meeting
May 20 RPLD Board Meeting
May 29 Closed for Memorial Day
- Monthly Reports: All reports were reviewed by the Board.
1. Robinson Public Library Children’s Report
2. Susie Wesley Memorial Library
3. Hutsonville Public Library
4. Oblong Public Library
- New Books Ordered in January
- March Calendar
- Announcements: The next Board Meeting is Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
- Adjournment: Vice President Debbie Scott adjourned the meeting at 9:15 a.m.