Robinson Public Library District
Board of Trustees
August 20, 2016
- President Bob Laswell called the meeting of the Robinson Public Library District’s Board of Trustees to order at 8.05 a.m. on Saturday, August 20, 2016, in the Carnegie Room of the Robinson Public Library.
Members Present: Bob Laswell, Debbie Walls, Debbie Scott, Elmer Hale, Keith Boyd and Michael Garrard
Members Absent: Wendy Kastner
Staff Present: Breyanna Weaver and Jerry Barker
Hearing on Ordinance No. 2016-3: Annual Budget and Appropriation Ordinance – The Robinson Public Library District Board of Trustee held a hearing on Ordinance No. 2016-3: The Annual Budget and Appropriation Ordinance. There was no public in attendance.
- Public Comments: No public comments.
- Minutes of the July 16, 2016 Meeting: The July 16, 2016 meeting minutes stand approved as written.
1. Check Register: After review, a motion was made by Debbie Walls and seconded by Keith Boyd, “that the July 2016 check registers be approved.” The motion carried.
2. Aged Payables: The Board reviewed the July 2016 aged payables report.
3. Income & Budget Statement: After Board review, the July 2016 financials are filed for audit.
4. Investments and Reserves: The Board reviewed the District’s July 2016 investments, rates, reserves, interest income and check register details.
5. Ordinance No. 2016-3 Budget and Appropriation Ordinance: After the Board reviewed the Budget and Appropriation Ordinance No. 2016-3, Debbie Walls made a motion and Michael Garrard seconded, “that the Budget and Appropriation Ordinance No. 2016-3 is approved.” The motion passed.
6. Six Month’s Statement of Receipts and Expenditures: After review, Debbie Scott made a motion and Keith Boyd seconded, “that the Six Month Statement of Receipts and Expenditures January 1 – June 30, 2016 is approved.” The motion carried.
7. Corrected Six Month Statement of Receipts and Expenditures: July 1 – December 31, 2015. After a brief explanation and Board review, Debbie Walls made a motion and Keith Boyd seconded, “that the corrected Six Month Statement of Receipts and Expenditures: July 1 – December 31, 2015 is approved.” The motion carried.
8. Excess Accumulation of Funds: The Trustees reviewed the Excess Accumulation of Funds.
- President’s Report:
1. Old Business: NA
a. Other Old Business: - NA
2. New Business: NA
a. Other New Business - NA
- Director’s Report:
· The ILLINET survey and IPLAR (Illinois Public Library Annual Report) are being finalized for submission.
· Election packets may be circulated beginning Sept 20th. Keith and Michael have expiring terms this year. Wendy will need to run to fulfill the term vacated by Julie Sandschafer.
· We have been experiencing major Polaris issues. Illinois Heartland Library System is working diligently to remedy the problem. Lazerware has also tried to help with our individual computers.
· We had another air conditioner freeze up the week of August 8th. Goff’s came promptly to repair it.
· The audit went smoothly. Jodi will be here to present the 2016 Audit at the September Board meeting.
· Mike from Lazerware was here to work with Imaging Office Systems to upgrade the software for the Microfilm machine. We have a couple of new features that will be great for researchers!
· The lease for the Hutsonville computer will be renewing this November. The new lease price is $39.40 per month, down from $42.35. I would like to purchase the old lease computer to replace a failing computer in Robinson. The Board consented.
· Oblong had some rain leaking in the front of their building, getting both the wall and carpet wet. James Munson responded and replaced some old sealer around the door and window. After it has had time to dry, he will come back to replace the baseboard that sustained water damage.
Also Serv Pro came & sprayed mold protection on the walls and carpet.
Sept 5 Labor Day – Closed
Sept 6 Winter Hours Begin
Sept 17 Endowment and Trustee Meeting
Oct 10 Columbus Day - Closed
- Monthly Reports: All reports were reviewed by the Board.
1. Robinson Public Library Children’s Report
2. Susie Wesley Memorial Library
3. Hutsonville Public Library
4. Oblong Public Library
- Books Ordered in July
- September Calendar
- Announcements: The next Board Meeting is Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
- Adjournment: President Bob Laswell adjourned the meeting at 9:05 a.m.