Robinson Public Library District
Board of Trustees
July 16, 2016
A. President Bob Laswell called the meeting of the Robinson Public Library District’s Board of Trustees to order at 8:25 a.m. on Saturday, July 16, 2016, in the Carnegie Room of the Robinson Public Library.
Members Present: Bob Laswell, Debbie Walls, Elmer Hale and Wendy Kastner
Members Absent: Debbie Scott, Keith Boyd and Michael Garrard
Staff Present: Breyanna Weaver and Jerry Barker
B. Minutes of the June 2016 Meeting: The June 25, 2016 meeting minutes stand approved as written.
C. Public Comments: No public in attendance.
1. Check Register: After review, a motion was made by Debbie Walls and seconded by Wendy Kastner, “that the June 2016 check registers are approved.” The motion carried.
2. Aged Payables: The Board reviewed the June 2016 aged payables report.
3. Income & Budget Statement: After Board review, the June 2016 financials are filed for audit.
4. Investments and Reserves: The Board reviewed the District’s June 2016 investments, rates, reserves, interest income and check register details.
5. Encumbered Funds: The Encumbered Funds report was reviewed by the Board of Trustees.
E. President’s Report:
1. Old Business: NA
2. New Business:
a. Ordinance 2016-5 Levy and assess a Tax for Building: After a brief description,
Debbie Walls made a motion and Wendy Kastner seconded, “that Ordinance 2016-5 Levy and assess a Tax for Building is approved.” The motion passed.
b. Bob Laswell appointed Debbie Walls & Elmer Hale, a committee to Audit the Secretary’s Records.
c. Other New Business – NA
F. Director’s Report:
* 2017 Election – Election packets may be circulated beginning Sept 20, 2016, Keith and Michael have expiring terms this year. Wendy will need to run this year in order to fulfill the term vacated by Julie Sandschafer.
* Summer Reading was a success at all District libraries. Numbers were down a little, but everyone had a great time! Thank you to Mindi, Judy, Shannon and Ellen for all of their hard work this summer!
* I have begun working on the Illinois Public Library Annual Report (IPLAR).
* Goff’s replaced the faucets in the public restrooms and a condenser unit on the air conditioner.
* Jennifer Wilson had been hired to fill the janitor’s position.
* Robinson Library closed early (3:00 p.m.) on Thursday, July 7, 2016 due to an unexpected power outage so that Ameren could repair a substation.
* Mike from Lazerware replaced Hutsonville’s Firewall as they were once again without Internet.
* We had two trees in the back with broken limbs, which the Weed Team trimmed back.
* Robinson Street Department cut down the dying tree on Jefferson and cleaned up the debris.
* There was follow-up on the recent FOIA request.
Aug 20 Board Meeting
Sept 5 Labor Day (Closed)
Sept 6 Winter Hours
Sept 17 Trustee Board/Endowment Meetings
G. Monthly Reports: All reports were reviewed by the Board.
1. Robinson Public Library Children’s Report
2. Susie Wesley Memorial Library
3. Hutsonville Public Library
4. Oblong Public Library
H. Books Ordered in June
I. August Calendar
J. Announcements: The next Board Meeting is Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
K. Adjournment: President Bob Laswell adjourned the meeting at 9:15 a.m.